‘Grave Violation,’ says Court on Kangana Ranaut merging her Mumbai flats; actress alleges ‘fake propaganda’ by Maharashtra government

By  
on  

A Mumbai civil court has remarked that Kangana Ranaut violated the sanctioned plan while merging her three flats. The court made the statement while rejecting Kangana’s plea seeking to restrain the Mumbai civic body from demolishing the unauthorized construction. A court in suburban Dindoshi had dismissed an application filed by the actress last week. The detailed order became available on Thursday.

Judge LS Chavan noted in the order that Kangana, who three flats on the fifth floor of a 16-storey building in Khar area of the city, merged them into one. By doing so, she covered the sunk area, duct area, common passage and converted free Floor Space Index (FSI) into habitable area, the judge observed. The court said, “These are grave violation of the sanctioned plan for which the permission of the competent authority is required.” The court has given her six weeks to approach the Bombay High Court. 

RECOMMENDED READ: PeepingMoon 2020: Sushant Singh Rajput’s death probe, Bollywood drug scandal to Rhea Chakraborty’s arrest - Controversies that rocked Bollywood

On the other hand, the actress took to social media and alleged that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is harassing her and she also took a dig at the Shiv Sena government. She tweeted, “Fake propaganda by Mahavinashkari government, I haven't joined any flats, whole building is built the same way, one apartment each floor, that's how I purchased it, @mybmc is only harassing me in the entire building. Will fight in higher court.”

In September last year, the BMC had demolished parts of Kangana's office located in Bandra citing illegal construction. The demolition work was stopped midway after a stay order from Bombay High Court on September 9.

(Source: Mumbai Mirror/Twitter)

Recommended

Share