The excitement for Meghna Gulzar’s Sam Bahadur is bubbling over. Featuring Vicky Kaushal as the legendary Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw who was Chief of Army during the Indo-Pakistan war of 1971. Vicky has already impressed fans with his terrific performance as a soldier in Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019) where he played Major Vihaan Singh Shergill of the Indian Army. And is now set to deliver another similar masterpiece. The film releases this Friday. Here are Bollywood actors who perfected the roles of Army officers in films.
1. Ajay Devgn in LOC Kargil – The actor portrayed the role of Lt. Manoj Kumar Pandey in this film directed by J.P. Dutta and released in 2003. Besides Ajay, Saif Ali Khan and Suniel Shetty also had roles of officers, Captain Anuj Nayyar and Sepoy Sanjay Kumar respectively.
2. Hrithik Roshan in Lakshay – Released in 2004, the film was directed by Farhan Akhtar and follows the journey of a young man Lakshya (Hrithik Roshan) who joins the Indian Army but finds the life of a soldier to be extremely tough. Following which he returns to prove himself after getting into a conflict with his girlfriend (Preity Zinta) who doesn’t support his decision of leaving the post.
3. Shah Rukh Khan in Jab Tak Hai Jaan – One can’t forget Yash Chopra’s film which released in 2012 and featured Shah Rukh in the role of Samar Anand, a bomb disposal chief in the Indian Army. The film revolves around SRK’s character who has to leave London where he resides and return to India after his girlfriend Meera (Katrina Kaif) leaves him. Then Akira (Anushka Sharma) comes into his life and falls in love with him but decides to reunite the lovers on getting to know the back story.
4. Akshay Kumar in Holiday – Whatever the role, the actor leaves no stone unturned to bring the best out of it and so he did in Holiday. Akshay played the role of a soldier Virat Bakshi who gets to know about an upcoming terrorist attack and sets out to stop the incident from taking place. The film was directed by A.R. Murugadoss and released in June of 2014.
5. Sidharth Malhotra in Shershaah – Sidharth played Vikram Batra in the film, a young man who dreams of becoming a soldier and does achieve his goal but it tragically ends in his death during the Kargil War subsequently contributing to the victory of the country. The actor has done a great job and the film and his performance has left a long lasting impression for the audience.