Several reports suggested that Dilip Joshi was among those who received a death threat last month. Reportedly, a group of 25 men was said to be surrounding his residence in Dadar and the police initiated an investigation after getting an instruction from the Nagpur Control Room.
Now, reacting to the news of 25 men surrounding his residence with guns and weapons, Dilip told a leading daily that it isn't true. "This news is fake. Aisa kuch nahi hua. I don’t know where it started and how. This news has been in circulation for two days and I was astonished to hear it," Dilip told the daily.
Recommended Read: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actor Dilip Joshi's residence allegedly surrounded by 25 armed men, police investigation underway
He quipped, "Bhala ho uska jisne yeh galat khabar falai. Mujhe itne logon ke phone aaye mera haal chaal puchne ke liye. So many old friends and extended family called. It was good catching up with them (laughs). (Due to this) I found out how much people love me. So many people were worried about me and my family, it was heartening."
According to reports, Nagpur Control Room received a call from a person on February 1 claiming that bombs were planted at Mukesh Ambani, Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra's residences. The same caller informed them about the threat to Dilip. Amid this, the Supreme Court granted Z+ security to the Ambanis.
(Source: Hindustan Times)